Sunday, April 11, 2010

Awesome!!!

So Sebastian is almost completely shedded out.  I think we still have about a week to go on the sheddin.

After I was done sheddin him I wanted to ride for a bit but didn't wanna tack up so I decided we were gonna try ridin bareback.  I have never ridin him bareback before (coolin out one time bareback doesn't count).  So I was takin a major risk seein how I leave for trainin in 14 days.  But I figured it was now or never.  So we bridled up and went to the roundpen.  I couldn't get up alone so I used the roundpen fence.  :p  We walked, trotted, cantered, and cantered over a groundpole!  He did really good and the canterin over the ground pole really helped me to understand how to keep my weight back and bend at my hip instead of just leanin forward in the saddle and throwin my weight forward.  Sebastian also collected up real nice and slowed to a real nice canter and trot and really started puttin his head down.  So ridin bareback helped the both of us so we will be doin it practically everytime we ride now!  We had a major accomplishment today!  YAY!  I'm so happy!  Can't wait to ride again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment