Monday, March 22, 2010

Woot!

Well Sebastian and I had two lessons last week.  The first one we worked on over positionin the head and gettin him to yeild off my legs.  For havin two weeks of he did pretty good!  We had a moment where he didn't like the deeper sand on one side so he cowhopped straight into the air.  It was kinda fun!  LOL!  But we worked on all of his gaits and his transitions and its really startin to sink in.  In the second lesson again we worked on the same as the first lesson.  He is really startin to keep his head down and in a nice frame and its forcin him to round out his back so I can feel him better and more comfortably and I know he is buildin muscle on his topline now.  We also started puttin him back over a ground pole and worked on gettin him not to rush it at the trot and canter.  We also worked on makin sure I don't get into two-point over it so he will learn also what he needs to do.  It took him once around at the trot to learn not to jump it and after that it was like there wasn't even a ground pole there.  I could keep postin the trot or sittin the canter and barely felt any change what so ever to let on that we had gone over it.  He is doin really good!  I am gonna hate leavin him in five weeks now that we are makin all this progress so fast!  I wanna stay here and continue to work with him but I know I can't and I also know he is in good hands so I have nothin to worry about.

Today the vet comes out.  I want a second opinion on whether we really need to do hock injections or not.  He is also gonna do Bastian's coggins and some of his vaccines.  The rest of the vaccines I am gettin from tractor supply and Shelly said she would administer them to save me some money.  This is gettin really tough what with not havin a job and all.  It really blows.  We will make it by...somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment