Monday, November 22, 2010

ok...then

So I started Sebastian's trainin on trails yesterday.  I just led him down a small trail.  Now keep in mind that the last time I lead him on a trail (last summer) he reared from bein an idiot and his hoof almost came down on my head.  So yesterday I went with a stud chain attached to his halter and lead rope and a crop.  I was ready for his explosions basically.  Maddie and another little girl went with me just for fun but I made them walk up front.  I didn't want them to get hurt "when" he decided to be a freak and we went flyin backwards and sideways.  So here I am all prepared  for a blow up and...nothin...he was really good!  I was a little tense and he looked around but not excessively so.  His head was down he stayed behind me and he didn't prance or try to rush forward.  It was the complete opposite of what I thought was gonna happen!  Even on the way back his demeaner didn't change.  Looks like so far we are on the positive road and he may have a better chance of stayin with me than I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment