Thursday, November 11, 2010

One Word...Crazy

So just as we are comin back from gettin my new horse I get a phone call from Rob.  Sebastian was colicing.  So once we got to Christina's we got him settled real quickly and then I headed to Rose Court to take care of Sebastian.  Rob gave him a shot of Banamine and I got a phone call halfway there that he was doin better.  So I got there and mixed up some gatorade water to try and coerce him to drink and then I headed home.  It had been a long weekend.  Well about 2130 Rob called me again and he was down again.  So again I head out to the barn this time with mom in tow.  I called the vet as I was leavin and she headed out.  We pumped his stomache full of fluids and mineral oil.  Mom and I had to stay over night and check on him ever hour.  He passed his first pile somewhere between 0230 and 0330 and that was the start of weanin him back onto hay.  It was two handfuls every four hours until we could start uppin it.  I didn't get to leave until 1800 that day.  I didn't wanna leave until I was sure we were on the mend. He is finally back on his normal feed and turnout schedule as of this mornin and we are gonna start ridin him again on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment