Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Doin better

Ken Moody and I were out at Rose Court at 0630 hrs this mornin for him to put Sebastian's shoe back on. He chipped up his hoof pretty bad but Ken said it should be all grown out by the next time he's out which is May 6th. The swellin is down a little bit around his wound and I was able to see that it is not a puncture. Just a bad laceration. I cleaned it out again today and put more betadine and Furazone on it. It is still sensitive to touch which is normal but the heat in it has gone down so I don't think it will get infected. We will have to wait and see though. I also found three more cuts that I hadn't noticed yesterday. One small one on his shoulder, a small one on his hip, and a medium sized one on the inside of his back leg by his buttock area. All of the cuts are on the same side and the shoe that he threw was on the opposite front leg. So goin by history I have come up with an idea as to what happened. When Sebastian rolls I have realized he tends to roll by a fence. So I think he rolled and his hoof got caught on the fence and he freaked out. I think thats where the other cuts came from and I also think that when he got himself untangled he had pulled his shoe off but in the process a couple of the nails snagged him and thats where the laceration came from. Not sure if thats what happened but thats all I can think of. I am goin to the tack shop to buy some Furazone of my own. Rob has been lettin me use his thankfully! Then I have to give Sebastian more Bute this afternoon before I go to school.

On a happier note! I finally got my own truck! She is a Chevy Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel! She is dark green and has scratches and the finishin is chippin off but that all just gives her character! I love this truck! She rides real smooth and everythin! I'm soooo excited! I'm gonna clean her up then take some pics and post them for y'all to see!

Anyway...gotta study! I got five final exams this week! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment