Monday, April 27, 2009

Oh boy...first bad escapade as a first time horse owner.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! Not good. So Sebastian threw a shoe today. Ken Moody is goin to try to come out tonight but if not he will be out at 0630 hrs tomorrow. But thats not the bad thing. Yeah I know there's more. On the inside of Sebastian's right front leg by the girth area is a rather large puncture/cut wound. It is swollen and hot and it hurts him. He is favorin his leg a little and will only let you touch it just barely. The only thing I can come up with is that he partially pulled his shoe today then layed down and when he got up next he snatched himself with the shoe then the shoe came off the rest of the way. I don't know though. The vet said to just clean it daily and put some topical cream on it and give him bute daily also. She also said that if it starts leakin puss or anythin to call them anytime and they will come out and sedate him and clean it real well and make sure there is nothin in it or that it is not infected. I have never been through this before. I have been around when things happen to horses don't get me wrong but it was never my horse. So this is all new and I feel like I'm in over my head. But I have some great people on my side to help me out! Thanks Edisto Equine Clinic, Rob, Len, Holly, Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment