Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Farrier time...Oh boy.

It was time for Ken Moody again today! Good timin too cause obviously Sebastian threw the opposite shoe from last time sometime yesterday or this mornin. I swear this horse is either gonna be the death of me or of my wallet...one of the two! Lol! We cannot figure out why or how he keeps pullin off his shoes. There is no logical way. Ken, Rob, and I tried to figure it out but no luck. Oh well guess we will figure it out eventually if he keeps throwin them which I hope he don't. Ken wants me to buy Sebastian a hoof supplement now cause his hooves are gettin brittle. I also need to get Black-as-Night for his coat. Oh boy...I need a better job. Ugh! HELP! LOL!

1 comment:

  1. There is a supplement called Omega Horseshine that you can buy through SmartPack or Dover (only small bag through Dover). It is pretty cheap all things considering and does an AMAZING job with putting a healthy shine on their coat, putting on a little weight and keeping very nice hooves. I've been in 2 separate barns (one polo and one jumping)that use it with all their horses (1/2 cup a day for shine and hoof help and 1 cup a day to help keep weight on hard keep TBs). Its basically stabilized flax seed that doesn't have to be soaked, boiled or ground up before each feeding. Starting my TB on it this week to help him through the really hot/dry summers here.

    ReplyDelete