Sunday, May 31, 2009

Post Show

Well we came back from the Sea Island Horse Show yesterday. I was too tired to write yesterday so I am doin it today. Thursday Erin and I were out at Rose Court at 0730 to body clip Sebastian. She and I both had to leave that day to go to work. She got off of work at 2100 hrs and I got off at 2330 hrs. Then it was back up and at the barn Friday at 0800 hours to bathe Sebastian and get everythin loaded into the trailer. Holly met us at about 1000 hrs and we started haulin. Erin rode with me and we followed Holly. We travelled from Rose Court to Whistle Stop to pick up Jessie and Pickles (Kelly brought Riley later). Once we got everythin and everyone loaded at Whistle Stop it was time to head to Mullet Hall where we unloaded everythin and everyone and got everythin set up. Erin did some schoolin on Sebastian with Holly havin to get on a few times cause he was bein a pain. Once Erin was done she and I decided to leave cause we had other things to do so we headed home. Saturday mornin I was up at 0400 hours. I left my house and went to pick up my friend Mary so she could spend the day with us. We headed to Mullet Hall and got there literally at 0545. Erin and her mom showed up at 0600. No one was even awake. It then occured to me that I was not the one ridin or competein so what the hell was I up so early for? So Mary and I layed down in my truck and went back to sleep until about 0730 then got up and started the day. Erin competed on Sebastian in the Pre-Green Hunter division and took a second and two thirds and the reserve champion for the division! Congrats Erin and Sebastian! After the show day was over we loaded everythin back up and headed on our way. Holly had to go meet her husband for church so Mary and I were on our own on findin Whistle Stop to take Jessie home. Once Jessie and everythin was unloaded there we headed for Rose Court to take Sebastian home. Once that was all said and done Mary and I had to turn around and take the trailer back to Whistle Stop just to turn around and head home. Lots of drivin, very early, very late, and VERY hot weekend. I'm kinda glad its over. Everyone did amazin though and they were all real troopers! People and horses!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment